During a brief visit to this port city of Gujarat, Singh drove down to ‘Kirti Mandir’, the house where Gandhi was born on October 2 in 1869, and paid homage.
- Seychelles President’s visit paves path for MoU on cyber security with forensic science university
- Rajnath Singh reaches out to Pakistan shelling-hit border dwellers in Jammu region
- The Mahatma’s Footprints: From Mehrauli Dargah to Birla House
- From Bapu’s birthplace, Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel launches ‘Swachh Bharat’
- Sonia Gandhi likely to address rallies on Oct 2 in poll-bound Gujarat
- Gandhis ancestral home removes his belongings from display
“I am feeling blessed to visit ‘Kirti Mandir’. The central government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi is following the path laid down by Mahatma Gandhi and working towards the development of poor and rural people,” he said.
Kirti Mandir, which was the ancestral house of Mahatma Gandhi, has been turned into a museum.