Among those who were conferred the civilian honours by President Pranab Mukherjee were former DRDO chief V K Aatre, chief editor of Telugu daily Eenadu Ramoji Rao, philanthropist Indu Jain, chairman of Maruti Suzuki India R C Bhargava, singer Udit Narayan and lawyer Ujjwal Nikam.
Rajinikanth, Aatre, Rao, renowned vocalist Girija Devi and chairperson of Cancer Institute V Shanta were given Padma Vibhushan.
- Getting Padma award with Rajinikanth exciting: Priyanka Chopra
- Rajinikanth, Priyanka Chopra receive Padma awards
- Dhirubhai Ambani, Ajay Devgn, Saina to get Padma awards today
- Anupam Kher, ex-CAG Rai among Padma awardees
- Republic Day 2016: Dhirubhai Ambani, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Rajinikanth in Padma list
- President confers Padma awards
Bhargava, Jain, Blackwill, Mirza, Narayan, Manipuri playwright Heisnam Kanhailal, noted Telugu and Hindi litterateur Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad, teacher of Vedanta Dayananda Saraswati (posthumous), leading sculptor Ram Vanji Sutar, Indologist N S Ramanuja Tatacharya and International head of Chinmaya Mission Swami Tejomayananda were honoured with Padma Bhushan.
Chopra, Nikam, former President of Editors Guild of India Dhirendra Nath Bezboruah, renowned novelist from Karnataka S L Bhyrappa, Puducherry-based social worker Madeleine Herman de Blic, president of Bodo Sahitya Sabha Kameswar Brahma were among the 40 eminent persons who were given the Padma Shri.