Jagat Singh, BJP MLA from Kaman in Rajasthan’s Bharatpur district, allegedly asked people in his constituency not to worry about administrative interference in “legal or illegal mining.” Singh is son of former Union minister Natwar Singh.
A video clip purportedly shows him saying, “Today I assure you, no transport officer, or mining engineer or a subdivisional magistrate will come here. You mine peacefully. For the last 10 days, I have had this campaign stopped and I assure you that while I am here, it will not restart.”
- Villagers catch trucks laden with sand in Majri
- Punjab: AAP’s Ropar MLA discharged from hospital, says open to any probe
- Punjab AAP seeks CBI probe into sand mining
- Illegal mining: Derabassi Block Level Officer shifted to Patiala
- Punjab: Mining officer raids Mubarikpur, finds no nakas to check illegal mining
- Illegal mining in Mubarikpur: Vigilance Bureau finds contradictions in mining department’s report
He allegedly added: “Only God knows what is legal or illegal. I am not concerned with it. I have spoken to the CM… and we don’t have any other means to earn livelihood. She has assured me she would turn a blind eye.”
While the MLA could not be contacted, the Congress has accused Singh of promoting illegal mining.