A trial is on for a vest, designed for BSF jawans patrolling along Rajasthan border, which claims to keep the user’s body cool for around six hours.
Trial of ten such vests is going on in Shahgarh area, BSF DIG, Ravi Gandhi, said.
The vest manufactured by a private company is claimed to be compatible to keep the body of the user cool for close to six hours.
- Two BSF constables killed in IED blast in Chhattisgarh’s Kaner
- J&K: BSF jawans raise anti-Pakistan slogans at wreath-laying ceremony of colleagues
- Did Pakistani troops wear ‘thermal camouflage suits’ to kill BSF jawan at International Border?
- BSF’s retaliation to unprovoked shelling forces Pak troops to ‘plead for ceasefire’ along IB
- Death of a jawan
- Now,a vest to keep fire fighters stay cool!
Jawans patrolling along the border areas in harsh summer conditions are testing the vest and after the trial is done a report will be forwarded to the BSF headquarters, he said.
The vest has 12 pockets containing certain material which helps in keeping the body of the user cool.