BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s “Dalit Conclave” in Lucknow appears to be an attempt of “cheating” Dalits by throwing dust in their eyes after engaging in all “anti-Dalit” activities.
“After engaging in all anti-Dalit works, organising a ‘Dalit Conclave’ seems like an attempt to befool people,” Mayawati said in a statement here.
She stated that Kanshiram had to establish the BSP only because the Congress had been securing Dalit votes by offering them empty dreams after Independence.
- PM Modi attacks Rahul Gandhi on triple talaq, asks if Congress is a party only for Muslim men
- Mayawati slams Centre over GST, Swiss bank accounts
- Country facing undeclared emergency for last four years: Mayawati
- EVM glitches in SP, RLD strongholds dangerous trend for democracy, says Akhilesh Yadav
- SC/ST stamps on police aspirants’ chest: Rahul Gandhi attacks BJP over ‘casteist mentality’, Mayawati questions PM Modi’s silence
- BSP chief Mayawati warns officers lodging ‘false cases’ against Dalits
She said Rahul’s so-called ‘Dalit Conclave’ was similar to ‘kisan sammelans’ organised by the Narendra Modi government after indulging in anti-farmer activities. The former CM said the Congress and BJP have been opposed to the welfare of poor, Dalits, OBCs and Muslims.
Referring to the body of a 17-year-old girl which was found near the residence of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Mayawati said it is a known fact that heinous crimes are taking place in UP, and the incident indicates the “jungleraj” prevalent in the state.
The BSP chief added that the SP government has completely failed to control crime and maintain law and order in the state.
Attacking the BJP government in Rajasthan, Mayawati said the male forest guards taking physical measurements of female candidates appearing for jobs in the forest department is “objectionable” and “insensitive”, that too in a state led by a woman chief minister. “Is this the Hindu culture which BJP wants to take forward?” she asked.
She also criticised BJP MP Gopal Shetty’s statement that farmers committing suicides is a “fashion”, and said it shows the “sick mentality” of BJP whose leaders have become “violent and insensitive” after coming to power.