Several documents allegedly used by the deceased Sheena Bora to “blackmail” her mother Indrani Mukerjea were on Sunday given to CBI by accused Peter Mukherjea’s son Rahul, who is seen as an “important link” in the sensational murder case.
Rahul went to the CBI office and handed over the documents belonging to Sheena, CBI officials said.
- Indrani Mukerjea, accused in Sheena Bora murder case, admitted to Mumbai’s J J Hospital
- Sheena Bora murder case: ‘Mekhail named stepfather Peter as part of a deal with CBI’
- Sheena Bora murder case: Don’t know if she got married to Rahul, Mekhail tells court
- Indrani forged my Class XII certificate: Mekhail Bora
- Mekhail to court: Indrani, Peter and Sheena had frequent fights
- Sheena Bora murder: Peter Mukerjea questioned for over 12 hrs
Those are the documents with which Sheena was “blackmailing”, a CBI source said.
“Rahul Mukerjea is an important link in the murder of Sheena Bora as he has provided several important materials to the investigators against the accused in the case,” the source added.
According to investigators, Sheena was blackmailing Indrani that if she did not give her a 3 BHK flat in the city, she would expose her by telling people that she was Indrani’s daughter, and not sister, as the latter had claimed.
Meanwhile, the police custody of Peter, who was arrested on Thursday last, will end tomorrow and the CBI is expected to seek further remand of his, a CBI officer said.
On Friday, Peter was charged with murder and criminal conspiracy by the CBI, which said he had played an active role in the killing.
Other prime accused, Indrani Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and former driver Shyamvar Rai, have been remanded to judicial custody till December 3, police said.