A four-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person in Malwal Jadid village in the Ferozpur district, leaving her with severe injuries, police said on Thursday.
The victim’s father said the child was sleeping with her mother in the courtyard of the house and went missing around 9.30 pm on Monday.
It is suspected that the accused entered the courtyard, gagged the minor and took her to a field, police said, adding he had left the child on the outskirts of the village.
- Body of 3-year-old girl recovered from field in Bihar
- Chandigarh: 14-year-old gives birth to premature child, case registered
- After eight-day struggle, child rape victim dies in Odisha
- Odisha: 6-year-old rape victim in coma, with multiple head and neck injuries
- Rajkot: Four-year-old daughter raped, alleges woman
- Faridkot man assaulted for objecting to Holi hooliganism, dies
Some migrant labourers, who were planting paddy in the fields, heard the screams of the child and took her to a hospital, they said.
The girl suffered severe injuries and underwent a surgery at the Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital in Faridkot, police said.
After registering a case against an unidentified person, the police has rounded up a 25-year-old married youth of the village.