Former Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Monday took oath as Chief Minister of Puducherry. Along with the senior Congress leader, five Congress MLAs have also been sworn in as ministers.
Lt Governor Kiran Bedi administered the oath of office and secrecy to the six-member team at a ceremony held at the historic Gandhi Tidal on Beach Road.
- Pondy CM writes to home minister seeking probe against LG Kiran Bedi
- Puducherry CM V Narayanasamy protests against Kiran Bedi issuing warning to officials
- Centre, Lt Governor creating hurdles: Puducherry CM
- Centre ‘ignores’ Puducherry, ‘cripples’ its development
- Puducherry: V Narayanasamy to be sworn in as Chief Minister today
- Congress Legislature Party leader V Narayanasamy to be sworn-in as Puducherry CM
Narayanasamy had served as Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office in the second UPA government after serving as MoS Parliamentary Affairs in UPA-I.
The Congress-DMK alliance has 17 members in the 30-member Assembly.
V Narayanasamy emerged victorious in the battle for Chief Minister but there continues to be a battle for cabinet berths.