President Pranab Mukherjee wished the nation on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
In his message the President said, “On the auspicious occasion of Idu’l Fitr, I extend warm greetings and best wishes to my fellow citizens, particularly to all Muslim brothers and sisters in India and abroad.”
“The festival of Idu’l Fitr marks the culmination of the Holy Month of ‘Ramzan’, a month of prayer, blessings and forgiveness,” he added.
The President asked the nation to rededicate to the service of humanity and share happiness with the poor and needy.
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018: Mumbai Police gives roses to wish people Eid Mubarak and Tweeple are loving it!
- Eid wishes: PM Modi, Rahul Gandhi wish nation on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated on Saturday across India, today in Kerala
- Happy Eid ul-Fitr 2018: Wishes, Quotes, WhatsApp and Facebook Status, Images, Messages
- Eid Mubarak 2018: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Wallpaper, Messages, SMS, Greetings, Photos, Gif, Pics
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018: Importance and significance of Eid al-Fitr, Ramadan and why we celebrate Eid
“May the Eid celebrations reinforce the nation’s commitment to mutual goodwill and inspire each one of us to follow the path of love and universal brotherhood,” he added.
Vice President M. Hamid Ansari also extended his greetings on the occasion.
In his message, he said that Id-ul-Fitr marks the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan and signifies the traditional expression of brotherhood and understanding between people.
Ansari said Eid-ul-Fitr reaffirms the abiding faith in the spirit of compassion and charity.
“May the noble ideals that mark Id-ul-Fitr enrich our lives with peace, prosperity and the spirit of humanity,” he added.
Eid-ul-Fitr is being celebrated with religious fervour and gaiety across the country today.
The faithfuls attired in their best thronged Eidgahs and mosques to offer Eid prayers.
In Delhi, the main congregations were held at Jama Masjid, Fatehpuri Masjid and Shahi Eidgah.
Speaking on the occasion, the Imams, who led the prayers appealed to the people to maintain peace and harmony and prayed for the progress and prosperity of the country.
Reports of Eid congregations have also come in from other parts of the country.
In Kerala and Jammu and Kashmir, Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated on Monday.