Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday hit out at Pakistan saying that there is one country in Asia exporting terrorism across the world. He said that India has been successful in isolating Pakistan, and will intensify its efforts so that the country is completely isolated.
PM Modi also slammed Pakistan saying that the country wants Kashmir when they cannot handle PoK, Gilgit and Balochistan, which are already under its control. “A day will come when people of Pakistan will go against its own government to fight terrorism,” he added.
Modi was addressing the public for the first time in Kozhikode, Kerala on Saturday as a part of three-day Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) national conclave since the deadly attack in Uri which killed 18 Indian soldiers.
Here are the top 10 quotes from his address:
1. There is one country in Asia which exports terrorism to other countries.
2. Indians will never forget the gruesome act of killing 18 soldiers in Uri.
3. When news about terrorism comes, news also follows that either the terrorist came from there or like Osama went there after the act.
4. Our soldiers have defended the country fighting, protecting the citizens. We are proud of their sacrifices. They have won the fight against terrorism not with their weapons but with their will power.
5. I want to talk to the people of Pakistan today. Want to remind them before 1947 they were part of this soil.
6. Pak wants Kashmir but they should first look at the land they have already captured- PoK, Gilgit and Balochistan.
7. I call upon people of Pakistan to come forward,fight a war on who defeats unemployment, poverty, illiteracy first. Lets see who wins?
8. People of Pak should ask their leaders- India & Pak got freedom in same year but India exports software & your leaders export terrorists.
9. India has been successful in isolating you, globally and we will intensify our efforts to make sure that you are isolated globally.
10. A day will come when the people of Pakistan will fight against the homegrown terrorism.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines