Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the two-day ‘Rajasva Gyan Sangam’, an annual conference of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) on Thursday in the national capital, where he will motivate the revenue officers towards achieving high standards in taxpayer friendly service, in view of fast paced changes in the world economy.
It is for the first time that two Revenue Boards are holding the conference simultaneously.
- World Environment Day: India committed to development in sustainable manner, says PM Modi
- Improve work culture, tax administration by 2022: PM Modi
- Build bridge of trust to remove citizens’ fear: PM Narendra Modi tells taxmen
- PM Narendra Modi: Remove fear of harassment among taxpayers
- PM Modi Inaugurates ‘Rajasva Gyan Sangam’
- Narendra Modi asks officials to remove fear of harassment from taxpayer’s minds
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will also be interacting extensively with the officers of the two Boards during various sessions today.
Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha shall deliver the valedictory address on the afternoon of June 17.
Delhi: PM Modi inaugurates Rajasva Gyan Sangam, a two-day Annual Conference of Senior Tax Administrators pic.twitter.com/3QiruBOsWr
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 16, 2016
The conference will be attended by officers of the rank of Principal Chief Commissioners, Chief Commissioners and Principal Commissioners of CBDT and CBEC.
The conference provides a platform to assess the performance of the year gone by and to deliberate on emerging issues without any hierarchical barriers.
As many as 251 officers of the rank of Principal Chief Commissioners, Chief Commissioners and Principal Commissioners from CBDT and 170 from CBEC are expected to participate in the conference.