Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid his tributes to Jan Sangh founder Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his 115th birth anniversary.
- Delhi Confidential: Delhi Date
- Nehru’s adversary
- Talking of ‘strong’ India, JNU V-C quotes Syama Prasad Mookerjee speech criticising Jawaharlal Nehru
- Mann ki baat: PM invokes Kabir message on unity, thanks states for GST
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi says violence can never solve any problem
- Seeds of separatism rising again, says Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi
The Prime Minister took to twitter to pay his tributes.
“On his birth anniversary, my tributes to Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee. We remember with pride his rich contribution towards India’s history,” he tweeted.
Born in Calcutta on July 6, 1901, Mookerjee served as a cabinet minister under then-prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru, before quitting the Congress party and founding the Jan Sangh.