Jayesh Patel, former trustee of Parul University accused of raping a nursing student, was admitted to a hospital after he complained of chest pain on Friday, a day after a local court remanded him in police custody.
According to police, after Jayesh complained of chest pain in the morning, he was rushed to Sir Sayaji General Hospital (SSG Hospital) and admitted to the ICU.
- Rape case: Jayesh Patel taken to Gandhinagar FSL for voice test
- Parul University rape case: DNA profile ‘confirms’ sexual assault by Jayesh
- Parul university rape case: Jayesh Patel undergoes potency test again
- Parul university rape case: Jayesh Patel’s blood and semen samples sent to FSL for DNA test
- Vadodara varsity top official arrested in rape case
- Rape of Parul University student: Suspended Gujarat BJP leader Jayesh Patel arrested
“We have conducted few tests and reports are awaited. Till then, he will continue to stay in the Intensive Care Unit under observation” said Dr Rajeev Daveshwar, medical superintendent of SSG hospital. Jayesh was arrested by the Local Crime Branch on June 21 after he was booked for alleged rape of the nursing student on the university campus. He was remanded in three days police custody by the sessions court after police filed an appeal Thursday evening.
According to the police, a revision appeal was filed in the sessions court, demanding his police custody to recover the tube, which he allegedly used during the rape. Police also wants to know identities of all those who helped Jayesh when he was absconding.
“Jayesh will be questioned regarding the evidence we have collected from the campus and his residence. We also want to recover the cream he used,” said S G Waghela, sub-inspector. Another accused in the same case, Bhavan Chauhan was remanded in judicial custody and was sent to Vadodara central jail.