Addressing mediapersons in Surat over Panama Papers on Tuesday, Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia said that the “Panama Paper leaks” should be handed over to SC.
- Panama Papers: Firms tied to Indians dominate inquiry lists of British Virgin Islands, Bahamas
- Panama Papers: Have begun verifying new data, says CBDT chief Sushil Chandra
- New Panama Papers leak shows US oddly inactive on expose
- Panama Papers: Mossack Fonseca managed three offshore firms for PVR’s Bijlis
- Panama Papers: Day after query on offshore ownership, Shishir Bajoria moved to get his name removed from records
- Panama Papers – The Aftermath: New records reveal fresh financial secrets of Indian clients
“We don’t have faith in Modi government for free and fair investigations as they had promised that they will bring back black money to India and now names of many close to the BJP are coming out. The investigations should be carried out by Special Investigations Teams formed by Supreme Court,” Modhwadia said.
He added, “Many industrialists and celebrities on the list are friends of Modi and BJP. Amitabh Bachchan was made the brand ambassador of Gujarat. Bachchan and his family members’ names came out. Other names include Sishir Bhajoria, who is associated with BJP, and another is Anurag Kejriwal who is also close to BJP leaders.”