Odisha government on Tuesday approved investment of Rs 1,002 crore in two projects which are likely to generate employment for about 1,000 people.
The government approval came during a Single Window Clearance Committee (SWCLC) meeting presided over by Chief Secretary A P Padhi.
- Odisha seeks to become defence, aerospace manufacturing hub
- Naveen Patnaik govt pitches Odisha as potential hub for defence production, offers fiscal incentives
- Make in Odisha: Tata, Jindal Steel commit nearly Rs 1 lakh crore each; RIL to pump in additional Rs 3,000 crore
- Uttarakhand to hold its first-ever investors’ summit
- Make in Odisha: Over 80 companies promise to invest Rs 2.03 lakh crore
- Odisha approves 3 investment projects worth Rs 874 crore
The committee cleared a proposal of BMW Industries Limited (BMWIL) to set up a steel processing unit at Kalinganagar in Jajpur district with an investment of Rs 900 crore. The company would employ about 600 people, Industries secretary Sanjib Chopra said after the meeting.
“Besides, LL Logistics Private Limited has also proposed to set up a logistics park at Indranipatna near Choudwar in
Cuttack district. The company will invest Rs 102 crore and employ 460 people in its unit,” Chopra added.