The Ministry of External Affairs has said that there have been no Indian casualties from Brussels so far after multiple blasts hit Brussels, Belgium on Tuesday morning. Till now, 13 people have lost their lives and several others have been wounded.
Have spoken to our Ambassador. No report of any Indian casualty, says MEA on explosions at Brussels airport.
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) March 22, 2016
Two blasts were reported at Brussels airport departure hall and the third was reported at Maelbeek metro station in central Brussels.
According to reports, firing and shouts in Arabic were heard before the explosions. The attack occurred four days after the arrest of Salah Abdeslam, suspected terrorist who was involved in the November attacks in Paris which claimed 130 lives.
All passengers who were still in the Piers have been evacuated.
— Brussels Airport (@BrusselsAirport) March 22, 2016
Meanwhile, the authorities have closed all the metro stations in the city and advised people to remain where they are. Security has been tightened at Delhi airport after an alert was issued following the Brussels attack.