PDP on Saturday termed as baseless the “rumours” that there were differences between PDP and BJP over the issue of distribution of portfolios in the new government.
“There are no differences (between PDP and BJP). At a time when the government formation is in the process, rumours (on differences on distribution of portfolios) are baseless,” PDP chief spokesman Naeem Akhter said.
- CM post in way as BJP holds talks with PDP rebels, Sajad Lone for J&K govt
- President Kovind approves Governor’s rule in J&K
- Jammu-Kashmir breakup: Facing ‘biggest challenge’, PDP ready for a fresh start
- Unhappy Ending
- Here’s why the BJP dumped the PDP, and it has nothing to do with terror
- Jammu-Kashmir: BJP pulls out of Mehbooba Mufti government, says alliance with PDP untenable
On being asked when the oath-taking ceremony would take place, he said both the parties will sit together and decide the date.
“We will sit together and decide the date for oath-taking. There are absolutely no differences between the two parties,” he said.
Akhter said the two parties are set to meet the Governor at around 4:00 PM on Saturday and will stake claim for the formation of the government.
BJP had on Friday unanimously decided to form the government with PDP and support PDP’s chief ministerial candidate Mehbooba Mufti.
It had also elected former deputy chief minister Dr Nirmal Singh as legislative party leader who would be the party’s candidate for the post of Deputy Chief Minister.
Dispelling rumours of differences, MoS in PMO and BJP MP Jitendra Singh had on Friday said there was never a breakdown in the coalition between BJP and PDP and “I think this is the continuation of the process which started about a year ago”.