Avneet Setya, the 29-year-old son-in-law of Baba Hardev Singh who was killed in a car accident in Canada on Friday, succumbed to injuries suffered in the same incident on Saturday.
According to reports, Avneet was travelling in the rear seat of the SUV, along with the late chief priest of the Nirankari Mission, when the accident took place around 5am IST. They were travelling from New York to Montreal.
A budding model-cum-actor, Panchkula-based Avneet is survived by his parents, a married elder sister and a younger brother.
- Nirankari mission gets its first woman chief
- Hardev Singh’s death: Punjab political parties play safe
- President Mukherjee condoles death of Nirankari Mission head Baba Hardev Singh
- Baba Nirankari Hardev Singh dead, hundreds gather to mourn him
- Baba Hardev Singh, head of Nirankari sect: Everything you need to know about him
- Nirankari head Baba Hardev Singh killed in car accident in Canada
Avneet, who used to stay in Mumbai, married Hardev Singh’s youngest daughter Sudiksha in June last year.
“He used to live in Mumbai, where he worked, and used to travel along with Babaji (Hardev Singh) on many occasions. He had gone to Canada with the family for the surgery of Babaji’s wife,” said Karnail Singh, the organisation’s Panchkula coordinator.
After completing his B Com (Hons) from DAV College, Chandigarh, in 2008, Avneet went on to study International Business and Marketing from Birla Institute of Technology and Science. “He was passionate about theatre in his college days,” said one of his friends.