The Railways will introduce a weekly AC express train between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Pune via Kota-Ratlam-Surat-Vasai Road-Kalyan. The railway minister will flag off the inaugural train by remote from Rail Bhavan on May 23.
The inaugural special train (No. 02494) will leave Hazrat Nizamuddin at 1625 hrs on 23.5.2016 and arrive in Pune at 1610 hrs the next day. It would return as a special train (No.02493) leaving Pune at 2125 hours on 24.5.2016 and arrive at Hazrat Nizamuddin at 2100 hours the next day.
- Our trains safe, coaches inspected with advanced systems: Pune division officials
- To boost tourism, India’s fastest train Gatimaan Express extended till Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
- Pune- Hazrat Nizamuddin special train from April 2
- Summer special trains from Pune
- Bogies added to Nizamuddin Express
- Pune-Nizamuddin Duronto Express from Monday
The train would run regularly as train no.12494 from Hazrat Nizamuddin from 31.5.2016 to 28.6.2016 every Tuesday, and train no. 12493 from Pune from 2.6.2016 to 30.6.2016 every Thursday. From 1.7.2016, it will leave from Hazrat Nizamuddin every Friday, and from 3.7.2016, it will leave Pune every Sunday, a railway statement said.
The train will leave Hazrat Nizamuddin at 2135 hrs and arrive in Pune at 2125 hrs the next day, and leave Pune at 0515 hours and arrive at Hazrat Nizamuddin at 0535 hours the next day, the release added.
The halts will be Lonavala, Kalyan, Vasai Road, Vapi, Surat, Vadodara, Ratlam, Kota. There will be one first AC, five AC-2 tier, eight AC-3 tier and one pantry car in the train.