Condemning the attack on CRPF jawans in Jammu and Kashmir, chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs, Pradip Bhattacharya, on Friday demanded a thorough investigation by NIA into the incident.
“I strongly condemn this attack and I demand that there should be a thorough investigation by the NIA into the case,” he told PTI.
Bhattacharya, also a senior Congress leader from West Bengal, said the Centre should be more alert about the terror activities in the country.
- Explained Snippets: Two youths from outside involved in J-K stone-pelting, 100 terrorists killed so far this year
- Probing attacks abroad, seizures: Govt wants more powers for NIA
- The Islamic State and India
- Fake notes: House panel raps govt, cites demonetisation claim
- Parliamentary panel raps intelligence agencies for ‘failure’ to prevent attacks
- Terrorists hiding in Pathankot, can attack again: House panel
“The government should be more cautious and alert in dealing with terror activities,” he said.
In the deadliest attack on security forces in three years, eight CRPF personnel were killed and 21 others critically wounded when terrorists rained bullets on a bus carrying them in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Friday.