A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gangraped by four youths who also recorded the act and circulated it on social media in New Mandi area in Muzaffarnagar, police said on Monday.
New Mandi police station SHO Rajnath Tyagi said the incident happened three days back and a case in this connection was registered on Sunday by the victim’s family.
According to the complaint, the four youths – Sidharth, Ankit, Monti, and Atul Kumar – abducted the girl and took her to a flat where they raped her.
- Bihar girl raped for months by principal, two teachers and 16 students
- UP: Raped two months ago, victim records statement after video goes viral
- Uttar Pradesh: Woman gangraped in Unnao, three arrested
- Dalit girl abducted and raped by six men in Muzaffarnagar
- Andhra Pradesh student raped, blackmailed with assault video; three arrested
- Jammu: Teacher held for ‘raping, blackmailing’ woman
They also allegedly made a video clip of the act and circulated it on social media, the police said.
They also allegedly threatened to kill the girl if she disclosed the matter to anyone.
Police said the victim has been sent for medical examination and would be produced in a court for recording her statement under section 164 CrPC.
The four accused have been absconding.