Five Bangladeshi nationals have been sentenced to four years imprisonment in connection with a dacoity case by a fast track court in Muzaffarnagar.
Judge Rakesh Bhardwaj also imposed a fine of Rs 21,000 each on the accused after holding them guilty under sections 395 (dacoity) and 412 (dishonestly receiving property stolen in the commission of a dacoity) of the IPC last evening.
- Two Bangladeshi nationals held in Lucknow after ‘encounter’
- Gurgaon police arrests key Lawrence Bishnoi gang member from Hyderabad
- Muzaffarnagar: Wanted man killed in crossfire
- Manipur police arrests eight Rohingyas in Imphal
- Balance on SIT list: Two still on run, two murder cases in 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots
- 1,475 arrests in Muzaffarnagar riots cases, only 37 in jail
According to the government lawyer, armed robbers raided the house of one Kamil in Amba Vihar locality of Muzaffarnagar and looted cash, ornaments and other goods at gunpoint in June 2011.
During investigation, the accused, Kamrul, Munir, Alauddin, Aslem and Alemgir, were arrested and they have been in jail since their arrest.