Eid-ul-Fitr is being celebrated with traditional fervour and gaiety in India today.
The festival marks the culmination of the fasting holy month of Ramzan. Muslims across the country will offer Eid prayers in Eidgahs and mosques.
In Delhi, main Eid congregations are being held at the Jama Masjid, Fatehpuri Masjid and Shahi Eidgah.
- Eid wishes: PM Modi, Rahul Gandhi wish nation on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated on Saturday across India, today in Kerala
- Eid 2018 Moon Sighting: Know the time and date in India and world
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018: Importance and significance of Eid al-Fitr, Ramadan and why we celebrate Eid
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018 Date India: When is Eid al-Fitr in 2018?
- Sonia Gandhi greets nation on Eid-ul-Fitr
Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the occasion.
In Kerala and Jammu and Kashmir, Eid was celebrated yesterday.
Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar is observed as a fasting period by the Muslims world over who abstain from food and water during the period between sunrise to sunset.