Three workers were today killed and five others injured in a boiler blast at the Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers (RCF) plant in suburban Chembur.
“Three people died and five were injured in a boiler explosion. The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital,” a senior official, who inspected the spot, told PTI.
- Mumbai: 43 injured in fire, blast at Bharat Petroleum plant
- Mumbai: Level 3 fire breaks out at BPCL plant in Mahul, over 40 people injured
- Agra: Cylinder blast leaves four dead
- Fireworks explosion kills 24, injures 49 near Mexico City
- Boiler blast at RCF plant in Chembur: Maintenance contractor under scanner
- Deceased were daily-wage workers: Boiler explosion at RCF plant kills 3, injures 5
The deceased were identified as Dilip Pawar, Govind Kumar and Mehmood Alam Noormohmad, he said.
Mumbai police spokesperson Ashoke Dhude said, “As per preliminary information, maintenance work was on when the incident took place.”
Police said as per one of the injured, the maintenance work was given to a private firm and the explosion occurred when the welding was going on.
Despite repeated attempts, RCF officials could not be reached for comments.