Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday termed son Akhilesh Yadav as the ‘best’ Chief Minister in the country and ruled out projecting brother Shivpal Yadav as party’s chief ministerial candidate for the 2017 Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
“No..Akhilesh is the best Chief Minister in the entire nation. He has done tremendous work shaping a new UP and helped uplift of the poor and downtrodden,” Mulayam said when asked if there were plans to project Shivpal as SP’s Chief Ministerial candidate after making him the state in charge of the party.
- Inside Akhilesh Yadav’s former bungalow: From ‘damaged’ pool to ‘missing’ bathroom fittings
- Hunting for a rented house, will build one if given time: Akhilesh Yadav on vacating official bungalow
- UP govt to study SC order on ex-CMs retaining official residences: Maya to Akhilesh to Rajnath, all hit
- BJP terms Akhilesh, Mayawati’s proposed Karnataka visit ‘political tourism’
- Shivpal Yadav met Ram Gopal to bury hatchet, likely to get key party post
- SP crisis deepens: Akhilesh releases parallel list of 235 candidates, Shivpal names his remaining 68
“The next Assembly elections will be contested under his (Akhilesh) leadership. The development he initiated is visible across the state,” he said.
Mulayam said “unlike” Delhi government, ruling dispensation in the state has “achieved” all its poll promises.
“We will form government again in the state on basis of works done by us”, he said.