Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday was conferred the Arabian country’s highest civilian honour — the King Abdulaziz Sash.
The prime minister was presented the award by King Salman bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court on the night before his scheduled departure to New Delhi.
The award is named after Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Saudi state.
- PM Modi meets IAF personnel who fainted during guard of honour ceremony
- PM Modi leaves for five-day visit to Sweden, UK
- PM Modi gifts gold-plated replica of ancient Kerala mosque to Saudi King
- Terror, investments the focus as PM Modi lands in Saudi Arabia
- India has the potential, the manpower that the world wants today: PM Modi
- All eyes on PM Modi’s meeting with deputy crown prince Mohammad bin Salman in Riyadh
Earlier in the day, King Salman bin Abdulaziz accepted PM Modi’s invitation to pay an official visit to India after the two held delegation-level talks to cement bilateral ties between both sides and expand cooperation in diverse areas including trade, investment and counter-terrorism.