The government of Mizoram will soon engage in talks with the HPC(D) so as to solve the political problems with the Hmar tribe. (Source: PTI/File)
Mizoram government will soon initiate talks with the militant outfit Hmar People’s Convention (Democratic), state Home Minister R Lalzirliana said on Wednesday.
“The government will soon communicate with the HPC(D) leaders so that we can begin negotiations expeditiously,” Lalzirliana told reporters in Aizawl.
- Mizoram Congress hails signing of peace pact with HPC(D)
- Mizoram government hopes for a successful peace talks with HPC(D)
- Hmar peace talks: Mizoram says no separate autonomous district council to be agreed on
- Mizoram-HPC(D) peace talks next week
- Peace talks between Mizo government, HPC(D) likely in Aug
- One more arrested in Aizawl bomb blast case
Unlike the previous parleys, the government wanted sincere talks to solve the political problems of the Hmars tribe and expected that the militants would also come forward with open arms.
The talks with the HPC(D) fizzled out in August 2013 over disagreement on the extension of the Suspension of Operations (SoO).