JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar who was sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister today for a third straight term, kept the home portfolio with him while Lalu Prasad’s younger son Tejaswi Yadav was named the Deputy Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister will look after home, general administration and information and public relations, highly placed sources in the Raj Bhawan said, adding that the list has been approved by the Governor Ram Nath Kovind.
- This is why Nitish Kumar won’t call Lalu Prasad Yadav to inquire about his health anymore
- Congress MLAs favour return of Nitish Kumar to Grand Alliance; not interested, says JD(U)
- Tej Pratap Yadav says he wants a ‘no entry’ board for Nitish Kumar, JD(U) hits back
- Amid seat-sharing tiff murmurs, NDA allies await Amit Shah’s Bihar visit next month
- Nitish Kumar calls Lalu Yadav to inquire about his health, Tejashwi says no place for him in RJD
- First time since alliance split, Lalu Yadav, Nitish Kumar share dais
Kumar’s keeping the home portfolio with him assumes significance as law and order is considered to be the biggest challenge for Kumar, who will be heading an alliance government with RJD and Congress in the state.
Tejwasi Yadav: Beside holding the Deputy CM post, Tejashwi in charge of road construction and building construction departments.
Tej Pratap Yadav: Lalu Yadav’s elder son who will be number three in the cabinet, will look after health and environment departments.
Abdul Bari Siddiqui: The senior RJD leader and the MLA representing Alinagar Darbhanga has been given the crucial finance ministry.
Bijendra Prasad Yadav: The JDU leader who held Finance ministry in the outgoing Nitish Kumar cabinet, will look after energy department.
Ashok Choudhary: The state Congress president has been allotted human resources department.
Madan Mohan Jha: The Congress leader has been allotted revenue portfolio.
Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lallan Singh: The JD(U) MLA got water resources department.
Jay Kumar Singh: The JD(U) MLA will head the industry ministry.
Manju Varma: The JD(U) woman MLA has been given charge of social welfare department
Sharavan Kumar: Rural development minister
Madan Saini: Food and civil supplies minister
Alok Mehta: Cooperative minister
Santosh Nirala: SC/ST minister
Abdul Gafoor: Minority affairs minister
Kapildev Kamat: Panchayati raj minister
Anita Devi: Tourism minister
Vijay Prakash: Labour resources minister
Ram Vichra Rai: Agriculture minister
Awdhesh Kumar Singh: Veterinary minister
Besides Kumar, 28 ministers took oath at a function at Gandhi Maidan today.