Mathura MLA and Congress Legislature Party leader Pradeep Mathur Tuesday alleged that situation had been worsening in the district for the past few months and claimed that he had informed the Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Principal Secretary (Home) as well as Uttar Pradesh DGP about the situation building up.
“A group of lawyers had approached me few months ago and had informed me how a cult was being formed and how they had started becoming a problem for the officers. After that, I personally met Principal Secretary to Chief Minister and informed about the activity but my warnings and representations were ignored, “claimed Mathur.
- Gurgaon: Day after, judge’s wife dead, son critical
- Uttar Pradesh govt allots bungalow vacated by Mayawati to Shivpal Yadav
- Punjab rains: Schools, colleges shut today, announces CM Amarinder Singh
- No doubt on Karmapa’s commitment to Tibetan struggle: top MHA official
- Mathura violence: SC refuses to order CBI probe, asks petitioner to approach Allahabad HC
- First post-poll changes in UP Cong,new CLP chief after 22 yrs
He claimed that few months ago, members of the group — Azad Bharat Vidhik Vaicharik Kranti Satyagrahi — had attacked officials at local Tehsil office and had also misbehaved with the lawyers. Asked, why he did not raise the issue publicly in the past, Mathur said: “Public was not being affected by their activity and it was more of a trouble for officers, so we decided to raise it before the senior officials of the state government”.
He also targeted Hema Malini, the BJP MP from Mathura, saying, “She came like an actress and left after a few minutes like an actress. She is more bothered about getting tanned rather than the issues faced by the local public in Mathura”.
Mathur said, “Powerful people associated with ruling Samajwadi Party are involved in the Mathura clash and that is why we want the entire incident to be investigated properly to bring out the truth as two officers have also lost their lives.”