BJP workers have been booked for holding an unlawful protest in connection with the Mathura incident.
“An FIR has been registered against over 50 BJP workers on a compliant of Samajwadi Party leader in Sambhal Mahmood Akhtar for gathering unlawfully to protest at Malviya Chowk yesterday,” Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Kamlesh Dixit said.
- Jharkhand mob attacks Swami Agnivesh, he blames BJYM
- Kashmir: BJP workers protest against Mehbooba’s remarks
- BJP leader’s retort to Mehbooba: If you create one ‘Salahuddin’, we will send 10 Bhagat Singhs from Jammu
- Punjab: AAP holds statewide protests against attack on MLA
- Meerut mill fire: Samajwadi Party, Lok Dal leaders booked for dharna over compensation
- Gujarat: Across state, Congress protests against Karnataka Governor; 30 detained from outside Vala’s home
During the protest, they had burnt an effigy of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and raised anti-government slogans charging it with being responsible for the Mathura incident, Dixit said.
The FIR was registered on Saturday under section IPC 143 (unlawful assembly) and a probe is on in the matter, he said.