- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s engagement party: LIVE UPDATES
- Kerala floods LIVE: 194 dead as massive rescue ops underway in Chalakudy, Chengannur; red alert issued in 11 districts
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 1 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: Virat Kohli dismissed on 97 by Adil Rashid
The mastermind in the murder case of NIA officer Tanzil Ahmad has been arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF), a senior officer said in Lucknow on Tuesday.
Muneer, who masterminded the murder, was arrested by the STF from Noida, he said.
Motorcycle-borne assailants had pumped 24 bullets into 45-year-old Ahmad and four into his wife Farzana Khatoon in April. The accused followed Ahmad, who was returning home to Sahaspur village, Bijnor district with his family after attending his niece’s wedding in another village on the intervening night of April 2 and 3.
- Tanzeel Ahmed’s murder: Prime accused held after 12-hour operation, say police
- UP: STF arrest a Munir gang member wanted in NIA officer’s murder
- NIA officer murder case: Property of prime accused attached
- Two more arrested in connection with NIA officer’s murder case
- NIA officer’s murder: Two arrested, police hints at revenge, frustration behind attack
- NIA officer Tanzeel Ahmed’s murder: Nephew detained, search on for a murder-accused
The attackers overtook his vehicle at Sahaspur village and Muneer allegedly fired at Ahmed and his wife. Farzana succumbed to injuries at AIIMS 10 days after the incident.
So far four persons had been arrested by the police in connection with the NIA officer’s murder. Earlier, police arrested Rizvan, Tanzeem, Rehan and Zainul in this connection.
Uttar Pradesh Police had claimed to have solved the case by arresting Rehan, who is the nephew of Ahmad’s brother-in-law, along with Zainul. After the arrests, the police had contended that domestic dispute was the motive behind the crime.