Follow Us:
Monday, June 25, 2018

Haryana cabinet gives nod to ‘Vimukt Ghumantu Jati Vikas Board’

The Director, Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department would be the ex-officio member of the Board.

By: Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published: September 9, 2016 1:42:10 am
Manohar Lal Khattar, Manohar Lal Khattar Haryana Cabinet, Vimukt Ghumantu Jati Vikas Board, Scheduled castes, backward tribe, India news, regional news The Board willl comprise 11 members, including the chairperson who would be appointed by the government from amongst persons of repute. (Source: PTI)

Haryana Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar Thursday, approved the proposal of the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department to establish ‘Haryana Vimukt Ghumantu Jati Vikas Board’ to improve the educational and economic status of Nomadic, Vimukt (De-notified Tribes) and Tapriwas.

The Board willl comprise 11 members, including the chairperson who would be appointed by the government from amongst persons of repute, ability and having knowledge of these castes. The Director, Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department would be the ex-officio member of the Board.

Government writes off power dues of 3 firms

The Cabinet also approved a proposal of the power department to write off the outstanding amount of Rs 84.39 lakh of electricity dues of three firms, namely M/s Competent Alloys, Ballabgarh; M/s Dalmia Dadri Cement Factory, Dadri and M/s Rama Fibres Ltd., Bhiwani. The outstanding amount could not be recovered by the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vidyut Nigam and the amount of electricity bills was declared as ‘bad debt’ by the Nigam.

The proposal to transfer one acre land of Horticulture department at Government Garden and Nursery at Fatehpur, Panchkula, to the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, National Centre of Organic Farming, Ghaziabad, to establish Regional Centre of Organic Farming also got Cabinet nod. The Centre would be set up under a Central sector scheme known as ‘National Project on Promotion of Organic Farming’.

Also, in order to facilitate hassle-free and timely recovery of tax from developers and builders for the period prior to April 1,2014, the Cabinet also gave approval to a scheme ‘Haryana Alternative Tax Compliance Scheme for Contractors, 2016’. As per the scheme, a contractor, as defined, may exercise his option to apply within 90 days from the date of the notification of the scheme. He shall pay 25 per cent of the total tax payable under the scheme along with the application, and the remaining 75 per cent tax shall be paid in three equal quarterly installments. Giving a relief to cancer patients, the Cabinet gave nod to exempt ‘Technetium 99M Generators used for diagnosis of cancer’ from levy of VAT. Technetium 99M Generator is a radioactive substance which is used for diagnosis of cancer. This decision will facilitate cheap and affordable diagnosis of cancer.

The Cabinet also gave its ex-post-facto approval to the appointment of a two-member Commission to inquire into the sequence of events leading to, and all facts and circumstances relating to, the occurrence of violence during the Jat Reservation Agitation from February 18 to 23. Retired Justice S N Jha is the chairman of the Commission and retired IPS officer NC Padhi is member. The Commission has to submit its report to the state government not later than six months from the date of its first sitting.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement