An 81-year-old man in Kerala’s Ernakulam district was Saturday arrested on charges of clubbing his wife and son to death over an argument regarding the use of air conditioner at their house.
Police identified the accused as Naduvil Paul, a retired Railway employee, and the victims as Mary (74) and Thomas (54).
- Couple found dead at home in Greater Noida, two others injured
- Chennai: 3 of family die after inhaling gas from malfunctiong AC
- Gurgaon: NRI beaten to death, ‘fight over who can walk in the area’
- Rooms of resident doctors using ACs and heaters could be cancelled: PGI
- Fed up with huge power bills, Kerala man kills wife and son over using AC at home
- Man electrocuted after loose wire comes in contact with ATM door
Police said Paul used to fight with his wife and son over spiralling power bills. He had asked his wife and son not to use the air conditioner in the room in which they slept.
On Friday night, Paul warned the two against using the air conditioner, but they refused to listen, police said. In the early hours of Saturday, Paul saw the air conditioner functioning in the room where his wife and son were sleeping. Enraged, Paul allegedly hit both of them using an iron rod, after which the two bled to death, police said. Paul informed his three other children, settled elsewhere, about the incident and also alerted neighbours, who rushed to the house.