A 31-YEAR-OLD man who tried to force his entry into the engine of Mahalaxmi Express and allegedly assaulted two personnel of Railway Protection Force (RPF) was shot dead by them in the early hours of Wednesday.
Suresh Purohit, police said, had been absconding from his native place in Rajasthan where he was accused of murdering his wife.
- Rajasthan: Man ‘kills’ teenage daughter for eloping
- Senior IPS officer undergoing cancer treatment in Pune dies
- Student ‘molested’ on Pune-Delhi train, Armyman held
- SP leader, friend shot dead over ‘personal enmity’, 2 arrested
- Mob vandalises railway station near Lucknow after man’s death; 24 trains affected
- Cop accuses RPF colleagues of assault, stealing luggage
Divisional Security Commissioner (RPF) for Pune said, “Purohit jumped into the engine of the running train. The alarmed driver applied emergency break and pressed the horn. Purohit tried to assault the driver. When four armed constables rushed to his help, he showed resistance and assaulted them. It was then that one of them fired at him.”
Purohit was rushed to Sassoon hospital where he died during the treatment.
A police case has been registered with GRP, Pune Station.