Shuttering between two under construction metro pillars in Lucknow on Sunday collapsed when workers were filling concrete to reinforce the portion between them, causing injuries to eight labourers.
There was however, no loss of life, District Magistrate Raj Shekhar said.
SP Rajesh Pandey said the incident occurred when metro workers were reinforcing the portion between the two pillars in Alambagh area.
- Fire at Lucknow hotels: two arrested, magisterial probe ordered
- Fire at Kothari Mansion; four injured in slab collapse at Prabhadevi
- Mumbai fire: Two firefighters injured in massive blaze at Kothari Mansion
- Varanasi flyover collapse: 18 dead, CM Yogi Adityanath announces Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia for kin of deceased
- Varanasi flyover collapse: Death toll reaches 18; rescue operation on, CM seeks report in 48 hours
- Building collapses at Mumbai’s Kalbadevi
He said though few workers were injured, no death was reported.
Shekhar said eight workers were at the spot and all of them had been taken out and rushed to hospital for treatment. No one was trapped in the debris.
The debris was being cleared and relief was being provided to the injured and an inquiry will be held to find out how the mishap occurred, he said.
The incident led to disruption in traffic. Vehicles have been diverted from the area.