A group of locals on June 18 damaged vehicles on noticing a truck carrying bovines parked in the Indirapuram area here and pelted stones at police personnel who reached the spot to seize it, police said.
The locals noticed the truck near a school and informed the police who reached the spot and seized the vehicle, SHO Gorakh Nath Yadav said. But some of them started pelting stones on the police party after which the policemen lathi charged the locals to disperse them, he said.
- UP: Nine killed in tempo-truck collision in Chitrakoot district
- Truck transporting cattle to Kashmir intercepted, set on fire
- ‘Stone-pelting on bulls’ in Shamli: Farmers deny incident, blame stray cattle for ruining crops
- UP: ‘Cows dragged into canal, pelted with stones for damaging crops’, 25 booked
- Violence in Kasganj town after three of family killed in robbery
- Jharkhand: Man assaulted for serving ‘banned meat’ at son’s wedding, section 144 imposed; seven held
Some locals also damaged the vehicles on the roads, Yadav said, adding the situation was later brought under control.
A case has been registered against 300 people under relevant sections of IPC for rioting, the officer said.
Efforts are on to identify the accused, he said, adding an investigation is underway.