There are no lobbies working against development of Railways in Kerala, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said on June 16.
“No lobbies would be allowed to function in the nation’s biggest public transport system. There is only one lobby in Railways… that is people’s lobby,” he said.
Prabhu was in Kochi to dedicate the 224-km long electrified section between Shoranur and Charvattur to the nation and inaugurate a host of passenger amenities at Ernakulam South Junction.
- India-US talks on pending issues this month: Suresh Prabhu
- Stories on a station wall
- Aviation ministry in process of setting up task force: Suresh Prabhu
- Working with US to resolve all trade issues: Suresh Prabhu
- Tenders for redevelopment of Shivajinagar station soon: Suresh Prabhu
- Railway Budget 2016 Highlights: This budget will enhance the Navnirman of India, says PM Modi
Electrification work of Shoranur-Kallayi-Kozhikode Charvattur section, completed in two stages, is a long cherished dream of the people of Kerala for the completion of electrification of the 328 km long Shoranur–Mangalore Malabar Coast.
Inaugurating the facilities in the presence of Minister of State for Agriculture, Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, Prabhu said the renovation works of Cochin Harbour Terminus Station (CHTS) at Willingdon Island will be completed before March next year.
Prabhu also inaugurated a new station building at Nilambur Road station in Palakkad Division through video conferencing.
The facilities launched at Ernakulam South Junction Railway Station included free emergency Medical Care Centre, wi-fi services, a vegetarian refreshment room and an air conditioned paid waiting room.