A Juvenile court in Kerala has ordered police to file a case and launch a probe into the alleged incident relating to the minor son of IGP Suresh Rajpurohit driving his father’s official car inside the Police Academy campus here.
The order in its regard was issued by Juvenile Justice Board Principal Magistrate on a petition filed by one P D Joseph.
The court directed that a case be registered under section 156(3) of the CrPC and Sect 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act and a probe conducted.
- Kerala High Court expresses satisfaction over police probe into nun rape case
- Nun writes to Vatican against Jalandhar bishop: All that’s happened in the rape case so far
- Murder convict among two juveniles held for keeping pistol, cartridges
- Custodial death case: Two serving Kerala cops get death sentence
- Kerala custodial death: How a jail murder earned cops death sentence
- Mumbai: After six years in prison, accused found to be juvenile
The state government had also ordered a probe, headed by ADGP (Training) Rajesh Diwan, earlier this month after the incident came to light.
The probe was ordered after television channels earlier this month aired visuals of Police Academy Director and IG Suresh Rajpurohit’s son, a higher secondary student, driving an official car in the campus.