A charge sheet has been filed against police inspector Amit Kumar, an accused in death case of journalist Pooja Tiwari who allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor of her residential building here in May, police said.
The SIT probing the suicide case has completed its investigation and filed its charge sheet against Kumar for ‘abetting her to commit suicide,’ a police spokesperson said.
- Senior citizen ‘molests’ doctor, commits suicide
- Airhostess ‘suicide’ case: Delhi HC extends interim relief to in-laws
- Uttar Pradesh: Day after gangrape victim kills self, main accused commits suicide
- Haryana cop accused of abetting suicide of journalist gets bail
- Sunanda Pushkar was subjected to physical cruelty, Shashi Tharoor abetted her suicide, says police chargesheet
- Journalist Pooja Tiwari death: Police recreates crime scene
On May 2, 28-year-old woman journalist Pooja Tiwari, working with an online news portal, had allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her residential building, but her family suspects foul play in her death and has demanded a CBI probe into it.
On May 6, Haryana Police inspector Amit Kumar was arrested in connection with the case. He was present at the fifth-floor flat in Sector 46 from on that night when Pooja allegedly fell to her death.
On Jue 29, forensic team recreated the “fall” scene as narrated by the accused police inspector.