Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra Saturday met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and discussed implementation of the Rs 80,000 crore special package for the state announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November last year.
- BJP-PDP alliance break-up: Jammu and Kashmir looks at another stint of Governor’s rule
- BJP snaps alliance with PDP in J-K after 3 years: A timeline
- J-K CM Mehbooba Mufti sends resignation to Governor after BJP snaps ties with PDP
- Rajnath Singh to visit J&K today, review ceasefire impact
- Rajnath Singh to visit J&K, review suspension of anti-terror operations
- J&K Governor Vohra meets Rajnath Singh
After the death of Chief Minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed on January 7, Governor’s Rule was imposed in the state when neither the BJP nor the PDP staked claim.
Sources said Vohra briefed Singh about the steps taken for implementation of the package that has five components — humanitarian relief, disaster management, social infrastructure, economic infrastructure and development spending.