Two Rashtriya Rifles (RR) personnel and a civilian were injured after militants lobbed a grenade outside the police station at Bijbehara, in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, on Saturday afternoon.
The injured soldiers are Mahesh and K Marjhan of 1 RR. The civilian wounded in the attack, Farooq Ahmad Dar, is a resident of Srigufwara in Anantnag.
- Hizbul, JeM recruited, used children in Kashmir during clashes with security forces: UNSG report
- J-K: Special Police Officer cop escapes with rifle, joins Hizbul Mujahideen
- No IS in Kashmir, says MHA, but scattered ‘operatives’ on radar
- Jammu and Kashmir: Grenade hurled at PDP MLA Mushtaq Shah’s house, no injuries reported
- J&K: 2 militants killed, civilian shot in Pulwama crossfire
- J&K encounters highlights: 3 jawans dead, 12 militants killed as operation concludes
Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attack in a tele-statement to a local news agency. South Kashmir, especially Pulwama district, is the new hotbed of terrorism.