- How Race 3 is faring against the first week box office collection of last five Salman Khan movies
- Kerala High Court on breastfeeding woman on magazine cover: As the beauty lies in the beholder's eye, so does obscenity
- Here’s why you should binge-watch Damaged, India’s first show about a female serial killer
A 25-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after the deep boring of a tube well, which his father was getting done, failed to fetch water. The incident was reported under Mofussil police station area of Giridih district on Tuesday.
The police said that, prima facie, the man appeared to have become depressed over the failure of the deep bore and jumped into the well late on Monday night. The police said that reports regarding his father having borrowed money to the tune of several thousand for the purpose were being looked into.
According to the police, the incident came to light in Purna Nagar area of Mofussil police station on Tuesday when a girl went to fetch water from a well in the area around 10 am. She spotted the body inside the well, which was pulled up. It was identified as that of Dilip Yadav, son of Naresh Gop, a resident of Purna Nagar. Gop reportedly ran a small dairy from his house and Dilip used to help him out.
- Mystery surrounds death of 24-year-old fished out of Agra Canal near water park
- Jharkhand lynching: Villagers cite cattle thefts, kin say victims traders
- Assam: Man accused of raping daughter kills wife at court
- Missing 4-year-old’s body turns up in crate on neighbour’s terrace in Sahibabad
- Uttar Pradesh: 14-year-old who set herself on fire after ‘gangrape’ dies
- Haryana: 17-year-old girl raped by eight men, commits suicide
“Initial investigations have revealed that Naresh was getting a deep boring done for the past few days. Late on Monday evening, Dilip returned from somewhere and asked his father about the depth of the boring. Father told his son that he had gone nearly 700 feet deep. However, there was still no water. After hearing this, Dilip left the house without saying anything and did not return,” said Inspector (Mofussil) Ram Lal. The family looked for him, but in vain. The body was discovered next day in the well, not too far from his house.
“As of now, we have the father’s statement in which he has said that his son was depressed over the failure of the boring. We are probing the case further,” said Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Giridih) Raj Kumar Mehta. He added that getting a deep boring done was a costly affair. “Reports about his father having taken loan are being verified,” he said.