JD(U) on Thursday decided not to renew party membership of former party MLA Usha Sinha, wife of controversial Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) Chairman Lalkeshwar Prasad Singh, allegedly involved in the +2 examination muddle.
“Usha Sinha’s membership of the party will not be renewed,” Bihar JD(U) President Basistha Narayan Singh told reporters.
Sinha was not occupying any party position in the party and since membership drive was on, it had been decided that her membership would not be renewed, he said.
Sinha was a former JD(U) MLA from Hilsa in Nalanda district.
- Shatrughan Sinha chooses RJD’s Iftaar party over JD(U)’s
- Bihar Board 12th result 2018: Over 17% increase in pass percentage
- Bihar Board result 2018: Why BSEB hit headlines in past two years?
- Senior JD(U) leader Uday Narayan Chaudhary quits party
- Toppers scam: JD(U) suspends former MLA
- Bihar topper scam: Arrest warrants issued against ex-BSEB chief, JD(U) MLA
Wife of former Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) Lalkeshwar Prasad Singh, she has been made a co-accused in the toppers scandal.
Both have gone into hiding and evading arrest after a warrant was issued against them by the Court.
Bihar JD(U) President said since a government inquiry was going against her, it was decided not to keep her in the party.
Sinha, who joined as Principal of Ganga Devi Women College in Patna, has already been replaced by senior professor Kanchan Chakhaiyar after Magadh University decided to appoint him for the position.
Her husband, an ex-BSEB chairman is alleged to be the kingpin of the scam which was exposed by media by conducting interview of toppers of Arts and Science streams Ruby Rai and Saurabh Shreshta respectively, who gave unconvincing replies to very simple questions.