AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa called on Governor K Rosaiah on Saturday and staked claim to form the new government in Tamil Nadu. She also furnished a list of new Cabinet members. The 29-member Cabinet has four women, including CM-designate Jayalalithaa.
The centenary auditorium of the University of Madras is being prepared for the swearing-in ceremony, scheduled to be held Monday.
- AIADMK: Homecoming of disqualified MLAs ‘bound to happen’
- Madras HC verdict has given extension to ‘anti-people’ govt: TTV Dhinakaran
- Madras HC split on disqualification order of 18 AIADMK MLAs, third judge to decide
- AIADMK MLAs disqualification case: Court delivers split verdict, what next?
- Dhinakaran launches party — Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam — after Jayalalithaa
- Jayalalithaa to be sworn in as chief minister on May 23
The AIADMK chief has retained several members from her previous Cabinet. These include O Panneerselvan (Finance), Edappadi Palanisamy (PWD), P Thangamani (Electricity), S P Velumani (Local Administration), C Vijayabaskar (Health), M C Sampath (Industries), K C Veeramani (Commercial Taxes), R Kamaraj (Food), S P Shanmuganathan (Dairy Development) and R B Udayakumar (Revenue).
Former Speaker D Jayakumar would take charge of the Fisheries department, while former minister C V Shanmugam will be the Law Minister.
K P Anbazhagan would get the higher education portfolio, while Udumalai Radhakrishnan will take charge of the Housing department.