EVEN AS the Jat agitation has sharpened caste faultlines in Haryana, the beleaguered BJP government is going into damage control mode. A series of activities are being planned in a bid to reach out to people and soothe frayed tempers.
In a meeting chaired by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar Wednesday, it was decided that ministers would hold interactions with panchayats. The ministers have also been directed to meet people of all communities rather than any specific community. The ministers were asked to abstain from talking on caste lines, even as party workers were told that they could visit people from their own communities and reach out to them.
- Manohar Lal Khattar: Alliance weaved by opposition parties in Haryana a ‘marriage of convenience’
- Intellectual meet: Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar discusses idea of ‘happiness index’
- Inform people about govt’s achievements: Manohar Lal Khattar to BJP morchas
- Government will maintain law and order at any cost, says Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haryana government to appeal against HC verdict on employee regularisation policy, says Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manohar Lal Khattar writes to Amarinder Singh, wants him to join hands on water issue
Also, officials will be directed to visit schools and hold programmes there. The students could be administered oath to propagate the message of “Haryana Ek, Haryanvi Ek”. Another proposal being contemplated is to hold Sadbhavna rallies.