At a time when Haryana is bracing itself to witness another agitation for reservation across the state by the Jat community, Additional Chief Secretary Home Ram Niwas on Sunday said that security has been beefed up as 55 paramilitary forces have been deployed in all districts of the state.
Niwas told ANI that the state government is fully prepared to deal with the Jat agitation.
“The government has done adequate preparations for the protest. We have 55 paramilitary forces which include CRPF, RAF, ITBP, BSF and we have deployed them in all districts. We have also persuaded people to protest peacefully. And all places where protests aretakeing place without permission, the administration has taken note of that and the violaters are being prosecuted as per the law,” Niwas said.
- Jat agitation: HC seeks information on appointment of claim settlement commission presiding officer
- Jats threaten not to allow BJP rallies across Haryana
- Jats threaten to oppose Haryana govt programmes from August 16
- Jats begin fresh quota stir as Haryana goes on alert
- Haryana on brink of Jat agitation, police say protests are peaceful
- Haryana govt deploys troops to prevent repeat of Munak siege
“We, had already informed the leaders and politicians that if any miss happening takes place they will be held responsible for that. We have issued them notices and made them aware about the orders of the Supreme Court,” he added.
Asserting that the government had given special training to security personnel to fight adverse situation, Niwas said, “We are fully prepared, so that incidents like before do not take place, we have performed mock drills, we have trained our police officers for such situations.”
“ The DCP and SP are visiting several villages and are requesting people to maintaining law and order,” he added.
Niwas further added that the Gram Panchayats and the Khap Panchayats of Haryana have lend their support and have given assurance that they will maintain law and order in the state.
Meanwhile, Duty Magistrate has already been appointed, who is in sync with the police. Administration has also issued order banning mobile internet service.
The ban which came into effect on Saturday, will not be be lifted till further orders, so that these mobile internet services are used to spread wrong information and rumours. All telecom service providers have been directed to strictly abide by these orders.
Haryana saw the worst violence in its five decades of existence, in February this year, during the Jat agitation for reservation. As many as 30 persons were killed, 320 were injured and property worth hundreds of crores of rupees was destroyed during the agitation. The state remained paralysed for nearly 10 days.