A head constable of the Jammu Kashmir Police was suspended after some pictures showing him in an indecent posture with a woman SPO (Special Police Officer) inside the police station went viral on social networking sites on Friday.
Identified as Zakir Hussain, posted as Munshi at Budhal police station, he was seen sitting in the lap of a woman SPO at Budhal police station. In one of the two photographs uploaded on social networking sites, even the woman SPO was seen holding him in her arms.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Rajouri, Rajeshwar Singh, said that the suspended cop has also been attached with District Police Lines and an enquiry initiated into the matter. The woman SPO also has been attached, he said, adding that she will be disengaged if found involved in the matter during enquiry.
- Apple executive murder case: Amethi SHO sent to police lines for backing accused cop
- SPOs in J&K: Poor pay and esteem, and now, fear
- Three cops protest arrest of constable who shot dead Apple staffer, suspended
- J&K police orders withdrawal of SPOs from security of protected persons
- Sent to protect her, UP cops beat woman, mock her for Muslim friend
- J&K cops targeted again, three abducted and killed
These photographs were taken by some cop in August and uploaded on the social networking sites by another cop who was now posted in Doda. Pointing out that they have identified the cop who uploaded the photographs, Singh said that he was writing to his Doda counterpart to initiate action against him.
Meanwhile, investigations were in progress to find out the cop who had taken these photographs, he added.