In Jammu and Kashmir, Eid-ul-Fitr is being celebrated on Wednesday with traditional religious gaiety and fervor, as lakhs of Muslims will be attending congregational Eid prayers in Eidgahs, Masjids and Shrines across the state.
Eid-ul-Fitr, is the festival of thanksgiving and celebrated after the culmination of holy month of Ramadan.
This is for the first time in the past many decades that Eid-ul-Fitr is being celebrated on the same day in Arab countries, Pakistan and Jammu Kashmir.
The biggest Eid prayer gatherings will be held at the historical Eid Gah Ground, Hazratbal Shrine, Polo Ground and other places in summer capital Srinagar.
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018: Mumbai Police gives roses to wish people Eid Mubarak and Tweeple are loving it!
- Man’s death in grenade blast, other violence mar Eid in Kashmir
- WATCH: Record-breaking 1.4 lakh people gather to offer namaz in Europe’s ‘biggest’ Eid celebrations
- Eid Mubarak 2018: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Wallpaper, Messages, SMS, Greetings, Photos, Gif, Pics
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018 Date India: When is Eid al-Fitr in 2018?
- Eid 2017: Joyful celebrations across India
Similar gatherings will be held in Jammu city and district headquarters in all the three regions of the including Kargil and Leh districts.
Men, women and children across state were seen walking towards Eid Gah grounds, mosques and other religious places to offer Eid congregational prayers.
The government has made adequate arrangements for the facilitation of the devotees and security arrangements have also been made to maintain law and order.