A major fire broke out in a paint factory on Old Hoshiarpur Road between Lamba Pind Chowk and Jandu Singha stretch late Friday evening. Twelve fire tenders – eight of local Municipal Corporation, two of a local industrial house, and one each provided by the municipal corporation, Hoshiarpur, and Air Force Station, Adampur – were still engaged in dousing the blaze at the time of going to press. Each fire tender had to go for refills 7-10 times, said fire officer Rajinder Sharma.
- Fire at Kothari Mansion; four injured in slab collapse at Prabhadevi
- Another fire breaks out at Reay Road leather factory
- Fire at Scindia House, seven hospitalised for suffocation
- Malviya Nagar fire: Councillor had flagged illegal godowns last month
- Fire destroys 50 shanties in Gurgaon, no injuries reported
- Blaze at Ludhiana plywood factory
There were no reports of loss of life or any serious injury till late Friday, said a fire official.
Sources said a stray spark hitting containers of inflammable chemicals in Saimpla Paints Ltd around 7.30 pm, when the owner, Rajan Kumar, and other employees were about to leave the factory, may have triggered the blaze.
Aided by strong winds, the fire spread quickly. Mayor Sunil Jyoti, ADC (General), Girish Dayalan, and senior administrative, police and civic officials rushed to the spot. Sources said the entire factory was destroyed and the losses could run into several crores.