Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Wednesday strongly condemned the murder of two journalists in Bihar and Jharkhand and demanded an independent investigation.
“I strongly condemn murder of journalists Rajdev Ranjan in Siwan & Akhilesh Pratap Singh in Chatra district,” tweeted Jaitley, who is also the Minister for Information and Broadcasting.
- CEA Arvind Subramanian to return to United States in October: Arun Jaitley
- CJI Dipak Misra impeachment bid a revenge petition, says Arun Jaitley
- Bihar journalist death: BJP demands CBI inquiry
- Press Council seeks special law to protect scribes
- Journalists attacks: Press Club seeks action on culprits
- US-based media watchdog seeks probe into killing of journalists
On Friday evening, Rajdev Ranjan, bureau chief of the Hindi daily Hindustan, was shot dead in Bihar’s Siwan district. In Jharkhand’s Chatra district, 35-year-old Akhilesh Pratap Singh, who worked for a local news channel, was gunned down on Thursday night.
“Independent investigation may be instituted and guilty be punished,” Jaitley added.